The page of Szabados Tamás, English biography
Place and date of birth: Budapest, Hungary; May 14, 1948.
Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BUTE), Hungary.
Office address: Muegyetem rkp 3, H ep V em, Budapest, 1521, Hungary.
Fax: + (36 1) 463-1677
Phone: + (36 1) 463-1111/ Ext. 5907
Position: Associate Professor.
Ph.D. in Mathematics (1982), Lóránd Eötvös University, Budapest, Hungary.
M.Sc. in Mathematics (1978), Lóránd Eötvös University, Budapest, Hungary.
M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering (1972), Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Budapest, Hungary.
- Stochastic calculus based on discrete approximations with simple, symmetric random walks;
- Stochastic models in biology, especially in immunology.
Research fellow, Technical University of Budapest, 1972-1974;
Assistant Professor, Technical University of Budapest, 1974-1982;
Senior Assistant Professor, Technical University of Budapest, 1982-1996;
Associate Professor, Technical University of Budapest, 1996-;
Visiting instructor, Spokane Falls Community College, 1991-1992;
External fellow, Mathematical Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1997-;
Adjunct Professor, Budapest Semester in Mathematics, 1996-2007;
Adjunct Professor, Western Maryland College Budapest, 1998-1999.
Scholarship, professional activity abroad
1979-80 - ten-month research scholarship from the Hungarian government to the Mathematics Department, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
1991-92 - visiting instructorship, Mathematics Department, Spokane Falls Community College, Spokane, WA, USA.
Balázs Székely (2000-2005)
Award of the Rector of the Technical University of Budapest (later:BUTE), 1989 and 2007;
Award of the Dean of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, BUTE, 2003;
Memorial Plaquette of the Hungarian Higher Education, 2008, awarded by the Hungarian Minister of Education;
Medal for Educational Service, 2010, awarded by the Hungarian Minister of Education.
János Bolyai Mathematical Society, Hungary, 1978-
American Mathematical Society, USA, 1990-
Bernoulli Society, 1996-2010
Invited presentations, since 2000
- 2000 January: Endre Csáki is 65, Erdős Conference, Budapest
- 2001 October: Gábor Tusnády is 60, Rényi Institute, Budapest
- 2001 October, Pierre et Marie Curie Université, Paris 6, Seminar of the Laboratoire de Probabilités
- 2002 February: Miklós Csörgő is 70, Rényi Institute, Budapest
- 2003 May: Conference of the Mathematics Department of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
- 2003 June: Randomness in Space and Time, Second Dutch-Hungarian workshop on stochastics
- 2003 July: Potential Theory Summer School, Szeged
- 2004 June: Endre Csáki and Pál Révész are 70, H.A.S., Budapest
- 2007 June: Miklós Csörgő is 75, Rényi Institute, Budapest
- 2009 January: Joint Israeli-Hungarian Probability Workshop, Technion, Haifa, Israel
- 2009 November: Endre Csáki and Pál Révész are 75, Rényi Institute, Budapest
(Editor of this page: Tamas Szabados)